Session 13: Configuring network interfaces
In this session you will be revisiting several of the ideas and tasks related to routing and switching that were introduced in earlier sessions. Here, though, some are developed in more depth. You’ll have an opportunity to revise and practise your network set-up skills using PT Anywhere and you’ll meet some concepts that are probably new to you – for example the Cisco operating system and virtual LANs.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- understand the role of the Cisco IOS
- interpret all the information displayed following a show ip interface brief command
- explain the terms ‘up’, ‘down’ and ‘administratively down’
- briefly explain what a VLAN is
- build, configure and test a simple network using PT Anywhere.