2.3.7 World Bank
The World Bank’s online Systems Approach for Better Results in Education (SABER) contains a teacher component, SABER-Teachers ( ), which documents and analyses teacher policies in public schools of education systems in fifty middle and low-income countries and territories. SABER-Teachers collects, organizes and analyses information to classify levels (latent to advanced) at which education systems reach policy goals and publishes a framework paper on teacher policies, country and regional analytical reports on eight policy goals:
- Setting clear expectations for teachers
- Attracting the best people into teaching
- Preparing teachers with useful training and experience
- Matching teachers’ skills with students’ needs
- Leading teachers – with strong principals
- Monitoring teaching and learning
- Supporting teachers to improve instruction
- Motivating teachers to perform.
The information and analytical reports can be used by policy and decision-makers to determine how their systems and comparable national systems meet policy objectives as a means to develop or revise teacher policies. Supporting laws from selected countries in the national languages are also available for consultation through the SABER website links.