Step 9 What next?
Having completed the grid in Step 8 you will now have a fairly clear idea about the areas of language use where you feel confident and be able to identify any areas which you may want to develop further. Even if you found some of the exercises in this course quite challenging there is other help and support available.
As a ‘next step’ you could perhaps use the completed grid as a basis for discussion of your future plans with a student advisor or an admissions advisor at an educational institution.
You may want to further test your level of English language. The following tests are a guideline of the acceptable minimum requirement for studying at higher education level in the UK:
Scottish Qualification Authority Standard Grade English (3 or above): http://www.sqa.org.uk.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) has a sliding scale depending on which course you hope to access: http://www.ielts.org
Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (pass): http://www.cambridgeesol.org
Having worked through the tasks in this self-assessment course, you may be keen to investigate further what study at higher education level involves. There are a number of resources available to familiarise you with Open University course materials. For example, visit:
Whatever your background in English, we hope that having worked through the exercises in this course and the process of reflection involved in this has put you in a better position to make a choice about your future study plans.
- Step 9 What next? Ebook (EPUB) 228.8KB
- Step 9 What next? HTML Zip file 711.4KB
- Step 9 What next? IMS Common Cartridge 711.8KB
- Step 9 What next? Interactive ebook (EPUB) 228.9KB
- Step 9 What next? Kindle ebook 292.1KB
- Step 9 What next? OU XML Package 3.4KB
- Step 9 What next? OU XML file 5.5KB
- Step 9 What next? PDF version of web pages 226.3KB
- Step 9 What next? RSS 9.7KB
- Step 9 What next? SCORM 712.2KB
- Step 9 What next? Word version (optimised for screen readers) 294KB