1. Co-operatives as resilient organisations
In this section, I will cover the following topics:
- a brief review of what co-operatives are and how they are organised
- why co-operatives are considered to be resilient organisations
- resilience in the African context
- the importance of resilient alternatives
- other reasons to be resilient.
At the end of the section, there is a ‘Reflection’ which has an activity that asks you think about the content of the section in relation to your own experience. There is also guidance about how you can access some of the documents I refer to.
1.1 What are co-operatives?