Is there a universal student / school argot used in Britain today? Can anyone suggest any words or phrases used in such an argot? What purpose does it serve?
My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
Debate: School slang
Forum guest Rob Owen wanted to hear the latest from the schoolyard
Originally published: Tuesday, 24th January 2006
- Body text - Copyright: The Open University
- Image 'Speech bubbles' - Copyright: Copyright: Jupiter Images
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?