Have you ever clicked on a link you were unsure of, or downloaded a risky attachment? If so, then you are in danger of becoming part of a Botnet, also known as a ‘zombie army'. The term ‘zombie army’ is used to refer to a number of computer networks that have become infected as a result of malicious third party software sneaking onto a user’s computer and then linking it to others to send spam to, or steal data from. ‘How to Survive a Botnets Attack’ is a short animation that explains how to work safely on the internet and avoid your computer joining the ranks of the un-dead.
Track 1: How to Survive a Botnet Attack?
This animated tutorial shows you how to spot and survive a botnet attack and also how to prevent one from ever happening again.
© The Open University 2011
- Read a transcript of this track - you'll need a PDF viewer, such as Adobe's free Adobe Reader
- Download this track from iTunes U - you'll need Apple's free iTunes software
- See details of the Open University course this album comes from
- Discover more from The Open University and iTunesU at open.edu/itunes
Tracks in this podcast:
|1||How to Survive a Botnet Attack?||This animated tutorial shows you how to spot and survive a botnet attack and also how to prevent one from ever happening again. Play now How to Survive a Botnet Attack?|
Originally published: Friday, 22nd July 2011
- Body text - Content: Copyright The Open University
- Audio/Video tracks: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 The Open University 2011
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Latest pages by The iTunes U team
- Latest pages tagged - animation
- Latest pages tagged - attachment
- Latest pages tagged - computer
- Latest pages tagged - danger
- Latest pages tagged - data
- Latest pages tagged - internet
- Latest pages tagged - networks
- Latest pages tagged - Others
- Latest pages tagged - software
- Latest pages tagged - spam
- Latest comments on this page