- 5 mins
- Level 1: Introductory
Spark it up!
How many eels to power a laptop? Discover how much energy it takes to start up a variety of objects in this game developed to complement the series Shock and Awe: The Story of Electricity.
Originally published: Thursday, 11th August 2011
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Latest pages by Jan Kowal
- Latest pages by The OpenLearn team
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Science, Maths & Technology
- Latest pages tagged - climate change
- Latest pages tagged - energy
- Latest pages tagged - electricity
- Latest pages tagged - power [energy]
- Latest comments on this page
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?
Other content you may like
More like this
- Copyright: Production team DIY: Generate Your Own Electricity
- Copyright: OU Plugged into the coast
- Copyright: Used with permission Bang Goes The Theory special: The Human Power Station
- Copyright: The Open University Get your free Matrix of Modern Life poster