My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
- 5 mins
- Level 1: Introductory
What do you really know about autism?
You've probably heard a lot about autism - but can you separate the myth from the reality?
Originally published: Wednesday, 1st April 2015
- Body text - Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0: The Open University
- Image 'Illustrations from the autism quiz' - The Open University under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 license
- Image 'A crowd of individuals' - Copyright: Thinkstock
- Image 'New-born baby' - Copyright free: Engin_Akyurt
- Image 'Understanding autism' - Copyright: © Iris Grace - irisgracepainting.com
- Image 'A silhouette of a person with a question mark above them' - Marcobellucci via Flickr under Creative-Commons license
- Image 'Person playing piano ' - .ygor via Flickr under Creative-Commons license
- Image 'Chris Moore' - Copyright:
- Image 'Click! logo' - Copyright: Click!
- Image 'Four Glass Boxes - people in separate glass boxes' - Creative-Commons license
- Image 'Get started with Explore PPE now' - The Open University under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 license
- Image 'Web 2.0 site' - Copyright: Netvibes
- Image 'Computing outdoors' - Copyright: photos.com
- Image 'An OpenLearn screengrab' - The Open University under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 license
- Image 'Factors that influence health: An introduction' - Copyright: Used with permission
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Subscribe to our 'What do you really know about autism?' When and Where feed
- Subscribe to our 'Open University broadcasting schedule' feed
- Subscribe to our 'What's On' feed
- Latest pages by The OpenLearn team
- Latest pages by Dr Ilona Roth
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Mind, Body, Media
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Health
- Latest pages tagged - autism
- Latest pages tagged - quizzes
- Latest comments on this page
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?