- Cultural values and expectations: In this video, Tessy explains the challenges of her strong African cultural values and the expectations upon her and the challenges to fit into another culture whilst holding onto her values.
- The need for more awareness of race: in this video, Tessy explains that she has seen colleagues from a black, Asian or minority ethnic background being undervalued and treated unfairly, explaining there is a need to build a culture where people talk freely about race.
- Not just about having black faces: in this short video Tessy focuses on the recruitment of a diverse workforce and the need to empower them to have a voice.
- Hidden Burdens: in this video Tessy explains how her responsibilities go further than her immediate family and describes some of the hidden burdens she has to deal with, calling for a need for greater understanding of colleagues towards each other.
* Warning: the video includes descriptions of extreme violence*
- People are different: in this video, Tessy acknowledges how touched she was when a colleague reached out to her supportively around Black History Month but continues to explain that there are challenges for colleagues who may have a language barrier, and are judged by other colleagues.
Rate and Review
Rate this video
Review this video
Log into OpenLearn to leave reviews and join in the conversation.