My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
EPOCH Psychology history timeline
This free course, EPoCH Psychology history timeline, uses an interactive resource (EPoCH) to gain a better sense of how the historical and social context influences psychological inquiry. You will examine the different methods used by psychologists to investigate human behaviour and learn to identify the different perspectives that exist in psychology.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand how psychological enquiry exists within a broader social and historical context
- describe different methods used by psychologists to investigate human behaviour
- identify the different perspectives that exist within psychology
- illustrate the range of topics investigated by psychologists.
You can start this course right now without signing-up. Click on any of the course content sections below to start at any point in this course.
If you want to be able to track your progress, earn a free Statement of Participation, and access all course quizzes and activities, sign-up.
- Learning outcomes
- 1 Using EPoCH: an introduction
- 2 About the activities in this course
- 3 About Compendium
- Activity 1: Using the timeline
- Activity 2: Using the biographies
- Activity 3: Exploring perspectives
- Activity 4: Exploring topics
- Activity 5: Using the figures, methods, perspectives, topics and context icons
- 4 Conclusion
- Keep on learning
Create an account to get more
Track your progress
Review and track your learning through your OpenLearn Profile.
Statement of participation
On completetion of a course you will earn a Statement of participation.
Access all course activities
Take course quizzes and access all learning.
Review the course
When you have finished a course leave a review and tell others what you think.
Creative commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence.
However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions and our FAQs.
Full copyright details can be found in the Acknowledgements section of each week.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has 50 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.
About this free course
10 hours study
Level 2: Intermediate
Become an OU student
Download this course
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.