In this course you will learn how to ask for directions in French. Along the way, you will build up your vocabulary so little by little you will be able to have more complex conversations and understand more French language in a variety of different scenarios.
This OpenLearn course is an extract from the beginning of the Open Centre for Languages and Cultures short course, LGXF003 Beginners French 3: absolument! After completing this free course, you may wish to register for the full course to continue your learning!
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- ask for directions to key places in French-speaking towns
- use the main prepositions of location
- understand and give directions using a variety of phrases including devoir and il faut
- pronounce un, une and the letters 'h' and 'r'
- use vocabulary to indicate the sequence of events.
First Published: 08/02/2021
I learned about the prepositions of place in French, to ask for directions, and finally I learned to ask for and to give instructions and directions to get somewhere. Thank you.