Session 1: Ethics, trust and academic community: why?
In this first session, you will explore the ideas around ethics, trust and academic community, i.e. the ‘why’ behind the importance of producing your own work.
The session has been divided into five sections which will cover:
- What is plagiarism? – an introduction to plagiarism and examples of it from everyday life
- Demonstrating your academic abilities – a focus on plagiarism in an educational setting and the importance of being a member of an academic community
- The consequences of plagiarism: detecting plagiarism – a look at how educational institutions detect plagiarism
- The consequences of plagiarism: what happens next – a look at what to do if your work is flagged for plagiarism concerns
- Myth-busting – uncover some of the common myths about plagiarism.
This section will take around 90 minutes to complete.