8 Summary of Session 8
Congratulations, you have now reached the end of the course. Now you have completed your study you will be able to apply the knowledge and strategies discussed to nurture children’s reading engagement across schools, homes and communities.
You will now be in a stronger position to:
- discuss the concept of Reading for Pleasure and its significance in children’s lives
- understand the nature of reading in the 21st century and the significance of narrative
- consider your own reader identity and your reading preferences and habits
- reflect on your own knowledge of children’s texts and knowledge of children as readers and identify areas for development in your practice
- develop strategies to foster keen and engaged readers in the classroom, school, in family homes and in the wider community.
Visit, where you will find free PowerPoints for CPD, videos, innovative examples of classroom practice and a vibrant community of educational professionals committed to nurturing children as readers.