As a librarian, making the decision to develop your learning can involve becoming a member of the Chartered Institute of Librarians and Information Professional (CILIP). Those at the beginning of their career may wish to apply for CILIP’s Professional Registration Certification, which entitles you to use the post-nominal letters ACLIP.a special interest group of the
Those with more experience may wish to undertake CILIP’s Chartership. This is the level of Professional Registration for those working in the information professions who wish to be recognised for their skills and knowledge of the profession.
You may be interested in the following titles on school librarianship published by Facet Publishing:
- Creating a School Library with Impact: A Beginner’s Guide, by Caroline Roche, Barbara Band, Nick Cavender, Lucy Chambers, Sarah Pavey, Annie Everall and Ellen Krajewski
- CILIP Guidelines for Secondary School Libraries, by Sue Shaper
- The Innovative School Librarian, by Sharon Markless, Elizabeth Bentley, Sarah Pavey, Sue Shaper, Sally Todd and Carol Webb
If you’ve enjoyed this course you can find more free resources and courses on OpenLearn.
You might be specifically interested in these courses:
- Digital skills: succeeding in a digital world
- Developing Reading for Pleasure: engaging young readers
New to University study? You may be interested in our courses on education.
Making the decision to study can be a big step and The Open University has over 40 years of experience supporting its students through their chosen learning paths. You can find out more about studying with us by visiting our online prospectus.