- Mental Capacity and Deprivation of Liberty (Law Commission’s reform proposals 2017)
- For more on marriage and people with learning disabilities: see the UK government’s online guidance about Forced marriage, which also applies to people who cannot give consent.
- For more on disability hate crime, see the Crown Prosecution Service’'s prosecuting policy on disability hate crime.
- For more on assisted suicide, see the briefing paper Assisted suicide and disabled people, produced by the DAA, the international disability and human rights network.
- For more on forced sterilisation, see this article about the sterilisation of men with learning disabilities.