This week has painted a sometimes sombre picture of the many difficulties and challenges that confront autistic adults in all aspects of their lives. Yet we have also highlighted positive outcomes, individual resilience and the benefits that autistic characteristics may offer at work and in relationships. We will end on a similarly optimistic note with a comment from Alex about his achievements so far and hopes for the future:
You should now be able to:
- understand problems relating to the transition into adulthood for autistic people
- appreciate factors that may affect outcomes in adult life
- be aware of the range of outcomes that may result for autistic adults
- understand particular challenges in adult life concerning independence, employment, relationships, legal issues and health
- be familiar with forms of support available for adults and their limitations.
Now you can go to Week 8 [Tip: hold Ctrl and click a link to open it in a new tab. (Hide tip)] , the final week of the course.