6 Section 2 summary
You’ve now reached the end of this section, in which you have learned about the issues facing politics in Wales today. These issues include:
- ongoing debates on the fairness of the funding settlement
- concerns that the Welsh Parliament is the only primary legislature in the world without its own legal jurisdiction
- arguments over how many Members of the Senedd there should be
- widespread concern that Welsh politics lacks robust scrutiny
- challenging inter-institutional relationships, often exacerbated by differing party politics.
Many of these issues can be traced back to tensions in the original devolution settlement.
You can now move on to Section 3.