8.1.1 Being your own critic
Before reading any comments on your story or posting comments on stories by your fellow writers, write a short reflection passage in your journal on what you think of your work in the next activity.
Activity 8.1 What is working well and less well in your story?
In 200–300 words, analyse what you feel is working well and less well in the story using the following prompts:
- Are the main characters consistent and clear?
- Have they enough conflict and interest?
- Is the setting established?
- Have you done enough research?
- What would you like to develop further?
- Do the language, style and voice fit the characters and content?