16 Session round-up
This last session of the course has been all about taking action now to plan for your financial future.
Getting on the property ladder, investing for the future and planning your pension are all things you should start to think about as soon as you start your working life.
Delaying action will defer the time when you have a property of your own and will make it difficult to secure sufficient funds in your pension pot to give you a comfortable life in retirement.
So while you should still enjoy life to the full when you’re young, don’t neglect to take decisions to ensure that you can still have an enjoyable lifestyle when you’re older.
You should now be able to:
- understand what you need to do to buy a property
- understand how to plan for a good pension
- know what pension you can expect from the state
- understand the alternative pension products and the factors that determine how much pension income you get from each
- understand how the four-stage financial planning model can be used when making important financial decisions.
This course has aimed to give you the information needed to understand the key financial issues you will be faced with in life and the skills needed to make good decisions about your finances. We really hope that the course helps you both now and in the future.
If you are a teacher working with young adults, you might find this additional guidance for teachers useful.