13 Bringing it all together
Congratulations on completing Everyday maths 1. We hope you have enjoyed the experience and now feel inspired to develop your maths skills further.
Throughout this course you have developed your skills within the following areas:
- understanding and using whole numbers, and understanding negative numbers in practical contexts
- adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing whole numbers using a range of strategies
- understanding and using equivalences between common fractions, decimals and percentages
- adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing decimals up to two decimal places
- solving simple problems involving ratio
- solving problems requiring calculation with common measures, including time, length, weight, capacity and temperature
- converting units of measure in the same system
- extracting and interpreting information from tables, charts and graphs
- collecting and recording discrete data, and organising and representing information in different ways
- finding the mean and range of a group of numbers
- using data to assess the likelihood of an outcome
- identifying various shapes
- working with area and perimeter, and scale drawings.