My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
- 10 mins
- Level 1: Introductory
Bang challenge: Island hopping
Your mate is stuck on a tiny island surrounded by shark infested waters. Can your knowledge of science save the day?
This page has been archived and no longer updated. Please be aware that the information provided on this page may be out of date, or otherwise inaccurate due to the passage of time. For more detail, see our Archive and Deletion Policy.
Originally published: Monday, 21st September 2009
- Body text - Copyright: open university (interactive)
- Image 'Mike trapped on an island' - Copyright: OU
- Image 'Images from the Bang Screensaver' - Copyright:
The Open University
- Image 'Picture of space' - Copyright: Production team
- Image 'Ellen Cooking' - Copyright: Production team
- Image 'Ellen McCallie' - Copyright: Production team
- Image 'Susan Blackmore' - StagiaireMGIMO under Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0 license
- Image 'Excel, London' - Creative-Commons license
- Image 'BBC camera' - Creative-Commons license
- Image 'Robot gang' - Copyright free: Public domain robot images via Pixabay
- Image 'woman with a migraine holding her head' - By Sasha Wolff from Grand Rapids (Can't Concentrate: 14/365) [CC BY 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons under Creative-Commons license
- Image 'Molecular Abacus' - Copyright:
Used with permission
- Image 'Image of a microscope and some slides. ' - Copyright: The Open University
- Image 'A lightbulb - a detail from the challenge' - Copyright: The Open University
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?