My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
- 10 mins
- Level 1: Introductory
Bang challenge: Island hopping
Your mate is stuck on a tiny island surrounded by shark infested waters. Can your knowledge of science save the day?
Originally published: Monday, 21st September 2009
- Body text - Copyright: open university (interactive)
- Image 'Mike trapped on an island' - Copyright: OU
- Image 'Corbyn graffiti' - Copyright: Brendan Mulcahy on Flickr
- Image 'Dark side of the moon' - By PIROD4 on pixababy.com under Creative-Commons license
- Image 'Parliament at night' - Free-Photos on www.pixabay.com under Creative-Commons license
- Image 'Photograph of Moraine lake, Alberta. The photo shows a blue-green expanse of lake water, with dense forest on the left, and rocky mountainous terrain to the right of the lake.' - Pexels under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 license
- Image 'A photograph of the Open University's COAST (Completely Autonomous Survey Telescope) unit in Tenerife.' - Copyright: The Open University
- Image 'Eyes' - Copyright: photos.com
- Image 'The Bang Goes The Theory location' - Copyright: Janet Sumner
- Image 'A penguin slides along on its belly' - Copyright: Used with permission
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?