- Natural light: is any light that we can find in nature, such as sunlight.
- Artificial light: is any light produced by electrical means, such as a light bulb.
- Direct light: is when there are no obstacles between the source of light and the subject.
- Diffuse light: is when there are obstacles that filter or reflect the light between the source of light and the subject.
- Diffuser panel: is an opaque white panel that filters the light.
- Contrast: is the ratio between the dark and the light on an image.