Resource 2: Thinking about your lesson
Background information / subject knowledge for teacher
At the end of any teaching session it is always good to pause and think about how the lesson went. By asking yourself a few questions and answering them honestly you will think more deeply about your roles and responsibilities as a teacher.
Below are some questions to help you think about what you did well and what areas you could improve or develop further.
- Did the early work with the number chart lay a good foundation for the further lessons? How did this happen?
- Did the pupils enjoy this investigation? How do you know they enjoyed it?
- Did all the pupils participate? If not, how could you ensure everyone takes part next time?
- Did you feel that you were in control of the class?
- How could you improve this lesson?
- Would smaller groups be better? Why?
- Did you give the pupils enough time for their tasks?
- Did you give all pupils a chance to discuss what they did?
- What did the pupils learn?