Summary of Study Session 3
In Study Session 3, you have learned that:
- Personal hygiene is a necessity for our daily activities. It is very important for the protection of our health and helps to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
- Personal hygiene has social and aesthetic values. An individual who follows the practice of proper personal hygiene gains confidence, pride and dignity.
- Personal hygiene applies to all parts of the body, but hand hygiene is probably the most important for public health.
- The procedures that apply in personal hygiene (such as handwashing and oral hygiene) need to be followed strictly to gain the best results.
- The promotion of personal hygiene should aim to change human behaviour. The provision of hygiene information first impacts on knowledge and then practice.
- The promotion of personal hygiene must be well planned in order to bring positive changes.
Back to previous pagePrevious
3.5.5 Evaluating the status of personal hygiene
Go to next pageNext
Self-Assessment Questions (SAQs) for Study Session 3