11.3.1  Licensing

There should be a system for licensing food and drink establishments in kebeles. The woreda health office is responsible for this licensing system. As the local Health Extension Practitioner, you may be requested to do a preliminary assessment to check the hygienic requirements and report to the woreda health office. Most categories of food and drink establishments can be licensed, though tela bet and areki bet do not require it because of their lower level of health hazards. Please note that the licensing procedure must follow regional and local regulations.

11.3  Hygienic requirements of food and drink establishments

11.3.2  Location of the food establishments