How your Reflecting on Transitions badge is issued
When you have successfully achieved the completion criteria you will receive your Reflecting on Transitions badge. You will receive email notification that your badge has been awarded and it will appear in your My Badges area in your profile. Please note it can take up to 24 hours for a badge to be issued.
Figure 7 Reflecting on Transitions badges
To access your badge
From within the Reflecting on Transitions course:
Go to the navigation block and under My Profile you can access My Badges. When you click on My Badges you will be taken to your My Badges page on OpenLearn Works.
To view the details of your badge, and to download it or add it to your Mozzilla Backpack, click on the badge and you will be taken to the Badge information page.
You can then either download this page to your computer or add the badge to your Mozilla Backpack.
What your Reflecting on Transitions badge will demonstrate
The purple badge shows that:
- you have gained an understanding of the process of reflection and personal planning
- you have achieved the learning outcomes listed below.
Front-line staff and support workers
The crimson badge shows that you have:
- gained knowledge and understanding of the experiences of new migrants, refugees and asylum seekers as referred to in the course
- a recognition and an understanding of the personal skills, qualities and abilities that can be gained by working through periods of transition
- achieved the learning outcomes listed below.
- An understanding of the strengths, qualities and skills gained by new migrants, refugees and asylum seekers during periods of transition
- A clearer understanding of the experiences that learners could have reflected on, including their roles, actions and decisions
- An idea of what direction learners might like to go in now
- An idea of how to find out what is possible for learners to achieve in the immediate future
- The ability to use information technology (IT) to carry out simple activities in writing and communicating
- The ability to use the internet to find information useful to learners
- The ability to use new ways of expressing ideas
The Reflecting on Transitions badges do not represent formal credit or award. Rather, they demonstrate successful participation in informal learning activity.
Sharing your badge
Badges awarded withincan be shared via the Mozilla Backpack.
Downloading your badge to your Mozilla Backpack
You will need to create a Mozilla Backpack account.
When you have done this, click on the Add to backpack button and you will be asked to log into Mozilla if you have not already done so.
Follow the instructions on the screen and your badge should be automatically added to your backpack.
In the future we hope to be able to share our badges from OpenLearn Works to LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.