Taking my learning further
1 What have I learned?
We hope you found Introducing practical healthcare interesting and informative.
You may remember answering a few questions at the start of the course about your learning motivations. Now you’ve completed all or part of the course we’d like to ask you to reflect on your experience by completing one last short activity.
If you would like to review your responses to the first questionnaire at the start of the course you can do so by revisiting the Questionnaire about your learning (1) at the start of the course.
Consider where you were when you first started this course.
- How did studying this course fit within your general everyday routine? Did you dedicate time to work on it or were you given time to complete the work?
- Were there any particular challenges you faced? How did you overcome them?
- Have you learned anything that you will be able to take forwards in the future? How might this influence how you do things in the future?
By studying this course you should now be able to:
- explain what the day-to-day role of a healthcare assistant entails and what duties you might be asked to perform
- recognise some of the basic concepts that will enable a person-centred approach to care
- identify approaches to healthcare practice which enable patient safety
- explain some of the legal responsibilities within the healthcare assistant role.
2 Badges and statement of participation