Welcome to the Enhancing teacher education through OER MOOC!
This is a six-week, task-oriented MOOC that focuses on how to select, evaluate and use Open Educational Resources (OER) to help support quality in teacher education. Teacher development is a highly complex process and there are many different ideas about the best way to prepare and support quality teachers.
This MOOC was designed for teacher educators and was successfully run as an online course on another platform. It is now on OpenLearn Works so that you can work through the material at your own pace. You may be working in a university, teachers’ college, local resource centre or other teacher-education setting, or as a Headteacher or other senior member of staff supporting the teachers in your school. Whatever your circumstance, we hope that you will all find ideas and OER that you can use with teachers to improve classroom teaching and learning processes.
This MOOC is part of. (You should open this link in a separate window.) It has an emphasis on the Indian context, including the TESS-India OER, but we welcome participants from other parts of the world.
Through engaging in the MOOC you will have opportunities to learn to:
- recognise and model active, learner-centred teaching approaches
- become familiar with the TESS-India OER and their potential to support teaching and teacher education
- use OER (including TESS-India OER) to plan and enact activities that promote teacher professional learning and pedagogic change
- select and use OER to meet your own professional learning needs.
To begin your study on the MOOC please spend a few minutes exploring the other sections in ‘Getting started’.
We are asking all participants to complete the pre-course survey to help us understand who is taking part in the MOOC, your motivations and your expectations of the MOOC. Thank you for completing this. We hope you enjoy the MOOC activities and find the ideas and OER useful in improving teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Getting started Ebook (EPUB) 40.5KB
- Getting started HTML Zip file 495.3KB
- Getting started IMS Common Cartridge 495.3KB
- Getting started Interactive ebook (EPUB) 40.4KB
- Getting started Kindle ebook 71.5KB
- Getting started OU XML Package 4.7KB
- Getting started OU XML file 9.6KB
- Getting started PDF version of web pages 177.2KB
- Getting started RSS 21.4KB
- Getting started SCORM 495.5KB
- Getting started Word version (optimised for screen readers) 102KB
1 How this course works