This week you have focused on the qualities, knowledge and skills that you already have; in particular one of the main transferable skills – communication. You have also thought about turning what may seem like negative qualities into positive ones. Being aware of all these will help you choose the best learning opportunities for yourself, and make the most of them.
You have learned about:
- the importance of being aware of your own qualities, knowledge and skills
- the idea of transferable skills
- how communication takes many forms
- O’Connor and Seymour’s idea about the meaning of communication
- synchronous and asynchronous online communication
- good online communication skills, or ‘netiquette’.
Have you noticed that, in this course, you are often asked to reflect on what you have learned? Next week you will be able to explore the purpose and value of reflection, and feedback from others, in helping you to succeed with learning.
You can now go to Week 4.