3.6 Final diagram
You may wish to refer back to the WWP case study as you work through the activity on this page.
For a printable A4 size copy of diagram, click on ‘View document’.
View document [Tip: hold Ctrl and click a link to open it in a new tab. (Hide tip)]
Activity 9 Systems map
Draw a systems map illustrating one of the following.
- your impression of the South African Working for Water Programme, possibly from a different level of interest to that demonstrated in the tutorial (e.g. a higher level such as an international perspective or a lower level such as the stakeholders associated with the programme); or
- an intervention that you have been involved with (either home- or work-related).
For the intervention that you choose:
- name the system of interest (SoI) being focused upon, in terms of a purpose (e.g., a system to. reduce ethnic conflict);
- think of and map four or five bounded sub-system components key to the success of your chosen SoI;
- if you have more then five components, examine how some might be grouped together and present these on your map as sub-systems of sub-systems (or sub-sub-systems);