Session 4: Forums as a shared social space
In this session you will reflect on the importance of good online behaviour on online learning forums and then consider the barriers that you may face when contributing to them. You will then reflect on some of the barriers you experience and think of ways to overcome them. Finally, you will reflect on your learning throughout this course and start to plan to engage on online learning forums in the future.
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
- understand the key features of good netiquette and how this applies to online learning forums
- appreciate your own and other people’s barriers when contributing to online learning forums
- recognise the approaches that could be used when addressing barriers on online learning forums
- reflect on what you have learned in this course
- identify the ways in which you could use these ideas to develop your use of online learning forums in the future.