Week 1: What is resilience?
Each week of the course will start with a short video introducing the topics that will be covered. Get started with Week 1 by watching this video:
By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- understand the meaning of the term ‘resilience’
- explain the difference between personal resilience and career resilience
- identify some of the stress factors in your life
- recognise the important role that career resilience plays throughout your career and working life
- understand how an individual might transition through change in the workplace.
Before you start, take some time to consider what you would like to get out of the course. The Open University would really appreciate you taking a few minutes of your time to tell us about yourself and your expectations of the course. Your input will help to improve the online learning experience. If you’d like to help, and if you haven’t done so already, please fill in this.