Midlife MOT: wealth, work and wellbeing
Introduction and guidance
This free course, Midlife MOT: wealth, work and wellbeing, should take you about 4 hours, with 5 ‘sessions’. You can work through the course at your own pace, so if you have more time one week there is no problem with pushing on to complete a further study session. The 5 sessions are linked to ensure a logical flow through the course. They are:
- Session 1: where you’re at right now
- Session 2: where are you going next?
- Session 3: where you’d like to end up
- Session 4: your work: present and future
- Session 5: the wellbeing audit
You can study these three parts of the course in whatever order suits you.
There’s a short multiple-choice quiz at the end of each session for you to check what you’ve learned. You get two chances to answer each question correctly, and you can leave a quiz unfinished and come back to complete it when you wish.
We’ve called the whole course an MOT because, like an MOT, it’s designed to be a regular check-up. One of the things we all learn as we reach our 40s and 50s is how quickly and unexpectedly life can change. Regular Midlife MOTs will help you power through all of those changes.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- review your finances, understand how to improve your current position and know what retirement income you’ll need
- look at your work life and create a plan for any changes you might want to make for the future
- assess your personal wellbeing and understand any issues that may need to be addressed.