This week you have explored how you can get support, both through your networks and by accessing the power of mentors. The techniques you’ve identified and practised will help to increase your confidence and maximise your access to job opportunities and your successful return to work. This week you have:
- used positive thinking to increase your confidence
- reflected on formal and informal mentors who have influenced you
- identified mentors who can help you in the future
- mapped the three circles of networks and contacts
- used LinkedIn to extend your network of contacts
- written and practised your elevator pitch.
Next week, you’ll be getting right down to the hard work of job seeking and applying for jobs, whether they are advertised or tucked away in the hidden job market. You’ll be looking at how to apply, honing your CV and covering letters, and getting top tips from recruiters and employers.
You can now go to Week 7 [Tip: hold Ctrl and click a link to open it in a new tab. (Hide tip)] .