The main learning points in this session are:
- Some of the claims made about technological innovation in sport and exercise are that developments will increase human performance and the ability to monitor the working of the body and/or mind.
- The key themes from technological developments that may influence coaching and instruction in the future are:
- the reduced cost and availability of wearable digital devices
- an increased understanding of body and mind
- the access to sport being broadened
- an increased understanding of genetics.
- Evaluating the language used in journalists’ descriptions, along with any supporting evidence, is a useful first step in considering the credibility of claims made about sport, coaching and exercise.