This week you have:
- seen how bioenergy use depends on the process of photosynthesis, and how the initial products of photosynthesis can be converted into other energy-rich forms
- looked at the different materials that can be used for bioenergy
- learned about the different processes of converting raw materials into bioenergy sources, by physical, thermochemical or biochemical means
- reviewed the by-products, costs and environmental impact of bioenergy
- discussed the factors likely to affect the uptake of bioenergy systems and their future prospects
You are now half way through the course. The Open University would really appreciate your feedback and suggestions for future improvement in our optional, which you will also have an opportunity to complete at the end of Week 8. Participation will be completely confidential and we will not pass on your details to others.
You can now go to week 5, hydroelectricity.