Session 2: Units of measure
You come across problems requiring calculation every day. These problems could be related to money, time, length, weight, capacity and temperature. For example, if you were buying a new washing machine, you would measure the space where you want to put it under your worktop and make sure you chose a washing machine short enough to fit the space.
In this session of the course you will find out about measuring and calculating length, distance, weight, temperature and volume. You will learn how to use different metric measurements, such as kilometres, metres and centimetres, grams and kilograms, and litres.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- measure and understand the sizes of objects
- understand the distances between places
- find out how heavy things are and understand weights
- measure and compare temperatures
- measure and understand volumes and capacities.