Session 8: Bringing it all together – just start!
How many times have you had a conversation with a friend or colleague – or in your own mind – about an idea only to talk yourself out of it? There are many more would-be entrepreneurs than real ones. Often, the only thing stopping you from achieving what you want is your own self-doubt. So where do you start? Well, actually, for many entrepreneurs, the difference is that they don’t spend a lot of time working out where to start – they just start!
If you have completed the activities in this course you will hopefully be buzzing with ideas to try, or perhaps you are feeling overwhelmed and wonder where to start. In this final session, before you complete the final quiz and earn your badge, you will create an action plan. This plan will give you focus and help you to overcome the inertia that often comes with self-doubt and a sense of having too much to do. The action plan will:
- increase your network of contacts (and may even find you your first customer)
- identify elements of your business model to prioritise and research further
- help you to effectively pitch your business idea to others.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- use some tools and techniques to help you start on the next phase of your business idea
- identify people to expand your network
- make a pitch to prospective customers, other stakeholders or investors
- set out some measures of success for you and your enterprise.
Your action plan will take you several steps closer to starting your business or becoming your own boss.