Key points from Section 3
In this section you have learned:
- what palliative and end-of-life care are
- how palliative and end-of-life care can contribute to a good death
- ways to improve a person’s quality of life as death draws near
- how someone can be supported to have a good death
- to recognise signs of approaching death.
Section 4 explores positive risk-taking. Risk assessment is usually considered to be solely about minimising risk to others. Studying this section will show you that positive risk-taking can bring additional benefits when the needs and preferences of the cared-for-person are taken into account.