My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
- Learning outcomes
- 1 Common misconceptions about mental ill health
- 2 Mental health research in the news
- 3 Exploring anxiety part 1
- 4 Exploring anxiety part 2
- 4.1 Symptoms, behaviours and negative thoughts
- 4.2 Diagnostic criteria for generalised anxiety disorder and panic disorder
- 4.3 Aetiology of anxiety disorders and the basic neural circuitry involved in anxiety
- 4.4 Are women more likely to suffer from anxiety disorders than men?
- 4.5 Is work good or bad for your mental health?
- 5 Exploring anxiety part 3
- 5.1 Are women more likely to suffer from an anxiety disorder than men? Revisiting the question
- 5.2 Is work good or bad for your mental health? Revisiting the question
- 5.3 Work, gender and mental health − examining issues further
- 5.4 The treatment and management of anxiety disorders – an overview
- 5.5 Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and exposure therapy
- 5.6 Pharmacological therapies
- Current section: References
- Further reading
About this free course
9 hours study
Level 3: Advanced
Download this course
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.
Create your free OpenLearn profile
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn, but signing-up will give you access to your personal learning profile and record of achievements that you earn while you study.
Start this free course now. Just create an account and sign in. Enrol and complete the course for a free statement of participation or digital badge if available.
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has 50 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.