In this free course, Introduction to making political and social change, you have learned about:
- Some of the current UK and global challenges that interest you.
- What is meant by ‘active citizenship’.
- How to make political and social change as an active citizen: how to be a ‘changemaker’.
- The workings of the UK political institutions and the role they have in making change, as well as other ways of making change.
- How to apply in real-life settings some of the key skills and knowledge needed to make change.
Written in a moment of multiple challenges, the course has given you a grounding in some of the key citizenship skills and knowledge that you need to intervene in the world as it changes around you.
In looking at these issues, you have explored how you can make change politically and socially, essential background information to get started, examples of inspiring changemakers, advice on how to have an impact both within and outside of traditional UK parliamentary politics, and the qualities needed to succeed.