Taking my learning further
1 What have I learned?
We hope you found Taking part in the voluntary sector interesting and informative.
You may remember answering a few questions at the start of the course about your learning motivations. Now you’ve completed all or part of the course we’d like to ask you to reflect on your experience by completing one last short activity.
If you would like to review your responses to the first questionnaire at the start of the course you can do so by revisiting the Questionnaire about your learning (1) at the start of the course.
Consider where you were when you first started this course.
- How did studying this course fit within your general everyday routine? Did you dedicate time to work on it or were you given time to complete the work?
- Were there any particular challenges you faced? How did you overcome them?
- Have you learned anything that you will be able to take forwards in the future? How might this influence how you do things in the future?
By studying this course you should now be able to:
- understand the role and scope of the voluntary sector, its environment and workforce
- recognise and use some of the terms and concepts associated with the voluntary sector
- be able to describe the key areas of work in a voluntary organisation and how to apply your knowledge about the sector to your own work or volunteering
- be able to clarify, and feel more confident about, where your skills and interests might fit within the voluntary sector and know where to go for further information, training and support.
2 Badges and statement of participation