- Setup phaseCurrent phase
- Task info The workshop is currently being set up. Please wait until it is switched to the next phase.
- Submission phase
- Assessment phase
- Grading evaluation phase
Discover the world of worms and contribute to valuable research
Earthworms are superheroes for soil
The best time to do this survey is from March to September.
Earthworms are extremely important and play a vital role in recycling plant nutrients and aerating the soil.
By taking part in this survey, you'll help improve our knowledge of earthworms and the soils they live in – something we know surprisingly little about.
How to take part
Taking part is simple and fun. Don't worry if you are unable to answer all the questions, your results are still valuable to us even if you don't find any worms!
- Step 1 – Download and print the documents in English below, or in Welsh, ideally in colour.
- Step 2 – You'll also need a few everyday items including pH strips, mustard, vinegar and a ruler.
- Step 3 – Find a suitable area and start looking for worms!
- Step 4 – Tell us what you find using our simple online form.
Enter your results online
Once you've completed the survey, simply submit your results using the online form: