How to make an open online course
Free statement of participation on completion
Gain a digital badge
By studying the course you will have the opportunity to gain a digital badge – you need to click on the ‘Enrol’ button to be able to do the quizzes and earn the badge.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- appreciate and feel confident in designing, structuring and producing an open online course
- recognise examples of good online course design, social learning and assessment
- understand the appropriate use of rich media to teach online and its associated licensing
- find and reuse existing free materials in a course
- identify suitable platforms for publishing a course
- optimise a course for search engines.
To enrol on this course, sign in and create your free account
If this is your first visit to this site, you need to register for a free account, then login on this site and click on the Enrol button for this course.
This course is made available under Public domain: The Open University
Any third-party materials featured in this course are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See the terms and conditions and our FAQs. Please see the course acknowledgements for further information about copyright details.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?
About this free course
- 15 hours study
- Level 0: Beginner
- Gain a digital badge
Create an account to get more
By creating an account you can set up a personal learning profile on the site.Create an account
Download this course for use offline or for other devices.
Free Statement of Participation on completion of these courses.
Earn a free digital badge if you complete this course, to display and share your achievement.