This free course will take you some steps further in your journey toward learning Spanish. You should have some previous knowledge of Spanish, whether you have studied Getting Started with Spanish 1 and Getting Started with Spanish 2, or because you have learned Spanish elsewhere.
This free course will allow you to practise some very useful skills, such as how to greet people in different contexts, how to invite friends to go out with you, and how to accept or decline their invitations.
This OpenLearn course is an extract from the beginning of the Open Centre for Languages and Cultures short course LXS003 Beginners Spanish 3: ¡Adelante! After completing this free course, you may wish to register for the full course to continue your learning.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- greet people in different contexts
- invite friends to go out with you, and accept or decline their invitations
- find preferred ways of recording and organising new vocabulary
- interpret information from tone and intonation
- hold formal conversation over the phone, and leave messages.
First Published: 22/04/2021