This free course is your next step to continue your journey learning Spanish, one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. You should have some knowledge of Spanish, either because you have studied Getting started with Spanish 169 or because you have learned Spanish elsewhere.
In this free course you will work with audio and interactive activities to practise the skills you need to talk about everyday activities you do, including how to tell the time. You will also learn the present tense form of some common verbs and how to pronounce the ‘r’ sound.
This OpenLearn course is an extract from the beginning of the Open Centre for Languages and Cultures short course LGXS002: Beginners Spanish 2: ¡En marcha!70 After completing this free course, you may wish to register for the full course to continue your learning.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- ask the time, and tell the time to others
- develop pronunciation, fluency and intonation through practice
- conjugate verbs in the present tense
- report on daily routines and favoured activities
- appreciate the different 'r' sounds in the Spanish language.
First Published: 22/04/2021