Week 2 The building blocks to pronunciation
This week you will explore orthography and pronunciation (phonetics and phonology), as well as the emotional side of speaking a foreign language.
By the end of this week you will have:
- developed an understanding of the relationship between orthography and pronunciation
- developed a basic understanding of the differences between phonetics and phonology
- reflected on what can be the main barriers to pronunciation and the role of emotions in speaking and pronouncing a foreign language
- familiarised yourself with some methods of teaching pronunciation
- reflected on your own practice and the most challenging points for your students.