Getting started with German 2
Almost 100 million people speak German as their main language. Most of them live in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, making German one of the most widely used languages in Europe. Now associated with economic success, science and technology, German also has a long-standing reputation as language of poets and thinkers.
In this course you will journey to Germany, Austria and Switzerland and further progress your linguistic skills needed for understanding and using the German language. Studying 3-4 hours a week, the course offers the perfect opportunity to continue the development of skills needed to communicate effectively in German in everyday contexts.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- understand how to use regular and irregular verbs in the present tense
- use the adverb gern or gerne in a sentence
- discuss food and drink likes and dislikes and talk about a typical breakfast table in German-speaking countries
- appreciate the different strategies for learning vocabulary and using a dictionary to help with verb forms
- understand word order in sentences.