For help and support on self-assessment, visit the following links:
- Gov.uk’s Help and support for Self Assessment webpage
- The HMRC also offer a series of videos explaining the self-assessment process.
For more information on Intellectual Property and how to identify and protect your IP assets, there are a range of free online support tools that can help you. Find out how to register for access to these tools on the Gov.uk website.
Finally, as a business owner it is important to be aware of certain legalities. The following links provide more information:
- For more information on health and safety visit the Health and Safety Executive website.
- To find out more about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
- For guidance on the legal implications of Brexit for small businesses visit The National Federation of Self Employed & Small Businesses (FSB).
- If you start to employ staff, a good place to start for more information on the Disability Discrimination Act and Working Time Directive is the Gov.uk website.
- The Creative Industries Federation can also give you access to discounted HR advice and support.