Here are a list of resources to help you explore further.
OpenLearn Articles (some contain videos)
- . In this short article we introduce the five pillars for ageing well and include a short video about each of the five pillars.
- The Ageing Well Public Talks. This short article introduces the ageing well public talk series structured around the five pillars for ageing well and links to other related articles.
- Ageing Well Public Talk Series – Plan for 2020/2021. In this article we present the plan for the ageing well public talk series structured around the five pillars for ageing well and links to other related articles.
- Depression, mood and exercise. In this short article we discuss how exercise can help people when they suffer from depression or mood swings.
- The benefits of outdoor green and blue spaces. In this short article we discuss the benefits for physical as well as psychological health and wellbeing of spending time in the open air.
- How to make the most out of our visit to the Great Outdoors: walking with The Parks Trust and staying mindful. In this article we discuss the importance of walking, spending time outdoors and being mindful.
- The benefits of mindfulness and five common myths surrounding it. In this short article we discuss what is mindfulness and why it might be good for us.
- What happens to our brain as we age and how we can stop the decline? In this short article we discuss what happens to our brain as we age and how we can stop the fast decline sometimes associated with ageing or progression of neurodegenerative conditions.
- The Ageing Brain with Dr Jitka Vseteckova, Dr Abi Methley and Ellie Broad. This podcast explores what happens to your brain while ageing and what you can do to slow this process down.
- What is an NHS Health Check?
- Get active – Better Health – NHS
- Finding ways to be active for free – We Are Undefeatable
- Join the Movement – Sport England
- Healthy lifestyle test
- Help Guide: How to Sleep Better
- Sleep Foundation: Healthy Sleep Tips
- BBC Radio 4: All in the Mind series
- Brainfall: How Good Is Your Memory?